Introduction to Red Hat OpenStack Platform and the deployment of virtual cloud servers and applications
Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Operators (CL110) is designed for system administrators who are intending to implement a cloud computing environment using OpenStack. You will learn how to configure, use, and maintain Red Hat® OpenStack Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 and Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13.0.
Course content summary
The focus of Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Operators (CL110) will be managing OpenStack using both the web-based dashboard and the command-line interface, in addition to managing instances and installing a proof-of-concept environment using Red Hat OpenStack Platform (RHOSP) director. Essential skills covered in the course include configuring Red Hat OpenStack Platform (using the director UI); managing users, projects, flavors, roles, images, networking, and block storage; setting quotas; and configuring images at instantiation.
- Launch an instance.
- Manage projects, quotas, and users.
- Manage networks, subnets, routers, and floating IP addresses.
- Create and manage block and object storage in the OpenStack framework.
- Customize instances with cloud-init.
- Deploy scalable stacks.
- Deploy Red Hat OpenStack Platform using RHOSP director.
Audience for this course
This course is designed for Linux system administrators, cloud administrators, and cloud operators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining a private or hybrid cloud.
This course requires the following prerequisites;
For candidates that have not earned their RHCSA, confirmation of the correct skill set knowledge can be obtained by passing the online skills assessment.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be issued with a Red Hat Architect certification
Recommended next exam or course
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration II (CL210)
- Choose to learn the OpenStack version that matches your company's infrastructure, either as currently built or as planned for upgrade in the near future.
Red Hat strongly recommends pursuing the same Red Hat OpenStack Platform version when scheduling each course and exam in the OpenStack curriculum path. Red Hat OpenStack Administration II is based on OpenStack 10.0, but will also be available on OpenStack 13.0 soon, with the title of Red Hat OpenStack Administration II: Infrastructure Configuration for Cloud Administrators (CL210)
- Red Hat Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration (CEPH125)